Do you know why your kids behave the way they do? If not, you are not alone. Whether they’re fighting or screaming, slamming doors, or storming, there’s a reason they’re behaving in this way. In this episode, I’m showing you why this is happening and how understanding it will enable you to create a better connection with your child.
All kids at all times are just trying to get their needs met. When their needs aren’t met, negative feelings bubble up, and what we label as negative behavior occurs. As parents, it is important to recognize and acknowledge this, to ensure that our children’s needs are met in a way that also suits us.
In this episode, I’m sharing the reason your kids are behaving the way they are. I share the six core basic needs that every child has, and why getting curious, not furious, will help you handle meltdowns more effectively. Get ready to discover a complete game-changer in your parenting!
To celebrate the launch of the Real World Peaceful Parenting Podcast, I’m giving away a $50 gift card to use on one of my Peaceful Parent courses to 10 lucky listeners. All you need to do is subscribe, rate, and review the show! Click here to learn more about the giveaway and how to enter.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How to help your kids regulate their emotions.
- Why kids need boundaries and limits in their lives.
- The difference between needs and wants.
- How to help your kids build emotional intelligence.
- Why it’s not your job to meet every single one of your child’s needs.
- The three main parenting styles and what they look like with real-world examples.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- I’m giving away a $50 gift card to use on one of my Peaceful Parent courses to 10 lucky listeners who subscribe, rate, and review the show!
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.