This week, I’m welcoming my first-ever guest onto the podcast, and I am so excited to introduce my friend and long-time mentor, Susan Hyatt. Susan is an example of what is possible in the world, and if you want to know how to love yourself and be a great model for your children, Susan is your woman.
Susan is the author of the bestselling book Bare: A 7-Week Program to Transform Your Body, Get More Energy, Feel Amazing, and Become the Bravest, Most Unstoppable Version of You, and she teaches girls and women to love themselves inside and out, just as they are. She joins me today to share the importance of building bridges with your strong-willed child, and what this looks like in her life.
Join us this week to learn why the need for acceptance is so prominent in children, and how to get curious about what your child needs to thrive. We discuss why you should celebrate who your child is, not who you want them to be, and share some advice for parents who want to accept their kids exactly as they are.
To celebrate the launch of the Real World Peaceful Parenting Podcast, I’m giving away a $50 gift card to use on one of my Peaceful Parent courses to 10 lucky listeners. All you need to do is subscribe, rate, and review the show! Click here to learn more about the giveaway and how to enter.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why you shouldn’t impose your values or expectations onto your children.
- The problem with being attached to the outcome when it comes to parenting.
- How societal and cultural messaging affects young girls.
- The issue with dominant parenting.
- Some positive habits you can bring to your home to boost your kids’ self-esteem.
- The most powerful tool you have available to you as a parent.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- I’m giving away a $50 gift card to use on one of my Peaceful Parent courses to 10 lucky listeners who subscribe, rate, and review the show!
- Susan Hyatt: Website | TED Talk | Podcasts
- Bare: A 7-Week Program to Transform Your Body, Get More Energy, Feel Amazing, and Become the Bravest, Most Unstoppable Version of You by Susan Hyatt
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.