A few weeks back, I talked about letting your child feel their feelings by holding space for them while they’re storming. I received a lot of requests to talk about how exactly to do this, and I know it can be difficult, so this week I’m helping you understand more clearly.
When your child is storming, it can be so easy to try and fix the problem. You might try to threaten your child with something they don’t want to hear, bribe them with something they want, or reward them if they stop crying. But sometimes, all your child needs is to work through their emotions, and for you to allow this.
In this episode, I’m sharing an experience of when my son had one of his biggest storms, and exactly what I did to get through it. It is possible to connect with your kids while they are storming, and I’m showing you how to use what I learned that day to do this and survive the storm.
If you’re enjoying the podcast, click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you. I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- The reason your child is storming.
- What I did and didn’t do during a colossal storm from my child.
- An example of what it looks like to resist the temptation to fix your child’s problems.
- What is at the heart of peaceful parenting.
- How to resist the temptation to stop your child from storming.
- What connection looks like with your child.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Sign up for Peace & Quiet: A Crash Course For Parenting Your Strong-Willed Kids here.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram!
- Join my membership The Hive!
- Ep #21: 5 Tips For Helping Your Kids Feel Their Feelings
Full Episode Transcript: