Do you ever wonder why your kid or kids are so well-behaved at school or daycare, but then once they get in the car and see you, all hell breaks loose? You might think they are being difficult, disrespectful, or even a brat, and it can be so difficult to not take this behavior personally. It is easy to get triggered and start storming right alongside our kids.
The after-school meltdown is real at any age. But I promise you, your child is not doing it because they want to give you a hard time. There is a reason they are behaving in this way, and I’m showing you exactly what it is in this episode.
Tune in this week as I’m sharing what is really happening when your kid has an after-school meltdown and show you how to manage these meltdowns with calm and empathy. Discover why the after-school meltdown is actually a compliment to you as a parent (yep – you read that right!) and hear 5 steps you can use to help your child work through the after-school meltdown.
Are you ready to become the parent you have always wanted to be? In as little as one hour a week, you can make the small steps in your peaceful parenting journey that will enable you to change the way you show up as a parent forever. The best news? I’ll be your parent coach in your back pocket at all times! Come and check out The Hive and receive ongoing support with your parenting.
If you’re enjoying the podcast, click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you. I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why your child is having an after-school meltdown.
- My experience of my son’s after-school meltdowns and how I reacted to them.
- Why school is especially challenging for strong-willed kids, even if they enjoy it.
- One of my client’s experiences of successfully changing the way she dealt with an after-school meltdown.
- How to help your child unpack their day at school.
- What our kids need from us as parents when they get home from school.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Sign up for Peace & Quiet: A Crash Course For Parenting Your Strong-Willed Kids here.
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram!
- Join my membership The Hive!
Full Episode Transcript: