Did you know that anger can improve your parenting? What?! Did I really just say that? Yes, I did – hang with me. What do you think of when you hear the word anger or angry? Do you feel like you have a good relationship and can control your anger, or do you want to run and hide and never experience it?
Growing up, I remember there being a lot of anger in my house. All the adults seemed to be angry all the time, and it often felt like it was directed at me, even though I wasn’t sure why. Many of us deal with anger based on the patterns set for us by our parents or caregivers throughout our childhoods. We replicate it and model the same behaviors for our own kids, but it is possible to break the cycle and use anger to help you become the peaceful parent you know you can be.
In this episode, I’m encouraging you to dig into your anger and showing you how to start using it as a beacon in your parenting. I’m sharing my own experiences with anger as a parent, how I learned to change my approach to dealing with anger, and some tips to help you use anger to create more cooperation with your children.
The holiday season is nearly upon us. Can you even imagine what it would be like for you if this was the best holiday season you’ve ever had with your children? Sound too good to be true? Well, it isn’t! I want to invite you to my COMPLETELY FREE 3-day Keep Calm and Parent On Challenge: The Holiday Edition. In just ONE hour each day on November 7th, 9th, and 11th, 2022, you’ll learn how to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be. Run, don’t walk! Do not miss this opportunity – click here to learn more and to get yourself signed up now.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What anger is, how it can manifest and what lies beneath it.
- How to use anger to create deep connection with your child.
- Why it doesn’t feel good when you project your anger onto your kids.
- How I realized I was the angry parent and what I did to change it.
- The solution to moving away from anger as a peaceful parent.
- How to stop projecting your anger onto your kids.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
- DM me on Instagram with your favorite planner recommendations!
Full Episode Transcript: