Are you nervous about setting limits with your child? Or do you actively find yourself undermining the limits you set when faced with challenges? And here’s the big one: do you actively avoid conflict? This week, we break down four roadblocks that prevent my Hive Members from setting and enforcing limits with their children.
We examine people-pleasing tendencies, deep-rooted fears, and how to overcome our reluctance. Remember, by setting limits and calmly enforcing them, we create environments where our children feel safe. It may require practice, but over time, our own discomfort will give way to new, more effective communication.
Tune in to discover why conflict is not the issue—it’s inevitable. Our children will push back and challenge our limits. With tactics and awareness, we become better parents and create welcoming spaces for our children. Listen in today.
If you want to take the next step to become a better parent, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What a ‘limit’ is.
- Why people-pleasing occurs.
- What conflict actually is.
- The #1 secret to enforcing your limit.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If this episode spoke to you, or you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram.
- Ep #124: Parenting without Punishment: Setting Limits