When we find out we’re going to have a baby, many of us have this fantasy of what parenting will look like. We think we have it all covered, we’re going to do this parenting thing and we’re going to do it perfectly.
Then you have a child who missed this memo, and things don’t go as we planned. We become bewildered about why our kids aren’t acting the way we expected them to and frustrated because we aren’t getting what we want. But frustration is the gap between expectation and reality, and the bigger the gap, the bigger the frustration.
Join me this week as I discuss why things don’t always go to plan, and how your child can show you a new way in the world. I’m showing you how to change your perspective of what parenting should look like, and why letting go of the fantasy of how this was supposed to go and allowing your kids to be who they are sets you up for patience and understanding in your relationships.
If you’re enjoying the podcast, click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you. I can’t wait to see you there!
To celebrate the launch of the Real World Peaceful Parenting Podcast, I’m giving away a $50 gift card to use on one of my Peaceful Parent courses to 10 lucky listeners. All you need to do is subscribe, rate, and review the show! Click here to learn more about the giveaway and how to enter.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why your kids can teach you what you’re meant to learn.
- How to let go of your expectations and accept what you have.
- What to do if you want less frustration in your parenting.
- How to question what expectations you may be holding and let go of them.
- What I’ve learned from my child.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- I’m giving away a $50 gift card to use on one of my Peaceful Parent courses to 10 lucky listeners who subscribe, rate, and review the show!
- Sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course here!
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.