Have you ever said something to your kids like, “Don’t talk to me like that…” or, “Stop disrespecting me, right now…” I know I have, too many times. Well, in this episode, we’re going to work on moving away from using statements like this with your kids because, while they may seem like perfectly reasonable things to say to your children, the truth is that the only person who these words impact is you.
We’re talking about one of my favorite tools this week: The Do-Over. This is a real gamechanger for every parent who uses it correctly, allowing everyone to save face, start over, and get back on track! Consider this your very own opportunity to rewind, just like you would rewind your DVR. Believe me, this is the perfect method to stop a difficult parenting situation from escalating.
Tune in this week to discover how to hit rewind on your parenting. I’m sharing why the way we tend to want to deal with disrespectful behavior is counterproductive, and what you can do instead to gain perspective and easily deescalate any situation.
We’re also announcing the first five winners of our drawing, each of whom will receive a $50 gift card to one of my Peaceful Parenting courses, and all they had to do was leave me a review on Apple Podcasts!
If you’re enjoying the podcast, click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you. I can’t wait to see you there!
To celebrate the launch of the Real World Peaceful Parenting Podcast, I’m giving away a $50 gift card to use on one of my Peaceful Parent courses to 5 more lucky listeners. We’ll be announcing these winners in the next episode. All you need to do is subscribe, rate, and review the show! Click here to learn more about the giveaway and how to enter.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How we unconsciously frame ourselves as the victim of our kids’ behavior.
- What a Do-Over is and why it just might change your life.
- How to use a Do-Over when things start to get heated instead of lecturing them or getting caught up in unnecessary and unproductive drama.
- Success stories from clients who has started using the Do-Over to shift their interactions with their children.
- What our kids learn when we use the Do-Over to address a behavior we don’t want to encourage.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- I’m giving away a $50 gift card to use on one of my Peaceful Parent courses to 10 lucky listeners who subscribe, rate, and review the show!
- Sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course here!
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.