What happened the last time you asked your child to put their shoes away? Or empty the dishwasher? Or get off gaming? If you have a strong-willed child, my guess is that things may not have gone smoothly. There likely will have been anger, meltdowns, and storming.
Strong-willed kids are often described as difficult or stubborn and trying to parent one can be frustrating and defeating. But these kids simply need a different parenting approach and understanding your strong-willed kid will help you parent in a way that leads to connection and cooperation.
Tune in this week as I’m sharing three things I want you to know about strong-willed kids and why they require a different parenting approach to other kids. Once you discover the right tools and tactics, you’ll be amazed at how quickly the tantrums and meltdowns disappear, and I’m showing you how to end the never-ending power struggles and create peace in your home without becoming a permissive parent.
If you want to create immediate change in your family and learn to understand your strong-willed child in a way that leads to connection and massive cooperation, look no further. My course Peace & Quiet: A Crash Course For Parenting Your Strong-Willed Kids will help you know exactly what to say and do to move away from the parenting styles that aren’t working for you right now and move towards creating a calm and peaceful home. Click here for more information and to join!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What you need to know as a parent of a strong-willed kid.
- How to get your strong-willed kid to cooperate.
- Why strong-willed kids need to be given choices.
- What the 80/20 rule is and how to use it effectively.
- My story with a strong-willed kid and how I realized I needed to parent in a different way.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- I’m giving away a $50 gift card to use on one of my Peaceful Parent courses to 10 lucky listeners who subscribe, rate, and review the show!
- Sign up for Peace & Quiet: A Crash Course For Parenting Your Strong-Willed Kids here.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram!
- Join my membership The Hive!
Full Episode Transcript: