When your kids are storming, do you feel disrespected and take their behavior personally? Do you find yourself trying to fix them and get it over with as quickly as possible? As parents, we feel pressured to make things right and fix things instantly, but we don’t need to do that. There’s a better way to help our kids.
When you understand what’s really happening when your child is storming, you can honor their feelings and give them space to process their emotions. Holding this space for them shows them that it’s OK to feel their feelings, and helps them learn to regulate their emotions.
In this episode, I’m sharing the problem with trying to connect with your child in the middle of a storm and teaching you how to hold space and let the storm run its course. During a storm, there is nothing you can offer your kids to soothe, calm, or regulate them, so I’m showing you how to teach your kids to allow their feelings to move through their bodies and honor their vulnerability.
If you’re enjoying the podcast, click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you. I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What you can do when your child is storming.
- How to hold space for your child when they’re storming.
- The reason your child storms and why it’s not personal to you.
- How to get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
- The difference between holding space and trying to fix a storm.
- Why you need to let your child’s storm run its course.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- I’m giving away a $50 gift card to use on one of my Peaceful Parent courses to 10 lucky listeners who subscribe, rate, and review the show!
- Sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course here!
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram!
- Join my membership The Hive!
- Ep #18: Turning the Tables: An Interview with Me, The Peaceful Parent
Full Episode Transcript: