Have you ever thought about how your kids actually learn things? Children are great learners, and they learn not from what we say or tell them, but what we do. It’s called modeling.
Modeling is a standard or example for imitation, which means that whenever we do or say something, we are setting the example for our children to imitate. Once you understand the power you have in teaching your child through modeling, you will realize that it is a complete game-changer for your entire family.
Tune in this week as I explain why modeling is such a powerful tool in parenting and share four steps to help you learn how to model for your kids. Discover why modeling with intention is so important on the path to peaceful parenting and how to use this tool to teach them to be whatever you want them to be.
If you’re enjoying the podcast, click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you. I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How our kids actually learn.
- What modeling is and how it affects your children.
- How to use modeling to be consistent in teaching your children what you want them to learn.
- Some of the behaviors we model for our kids without realizing.
- What to do if you are saying one thing to your kids but modeling something completely different.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Sign up for Peace & Quiet: A Crash Course For Parenting Your Strong-Willed Kids here.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram!
- Join my membership The Hive!
- Bobo Doll Experiment
Full Episode Transcript: