As a parent, it sometimes feels as though we are raising ourselves right alongside our kids. When we watch our kids at a certain age, we are reflecting, consciously or subconsciously, on the experiences we had at that age. I used to try to give my son everything I didn’t have as a child, but then I had a parenting epiphany that changed my entire life.
Trying to give our kids what we feel we needed at their age is actually creating the opposite effect – it prevents us from giving them what they need. But when we know better, we do better, so this week, I’m sharing a defining moment on my path to peaceful parenting and how it enabled me to make profound shifts in my parenting and relationship with my son.
Join me for this episode as I share my biggest parenting epiphany and how I learned to heal my own childhood wounds to be more present with my son. Discover how your unresolved childhood wounds might be showing up in your parenting and how to ensure you are giving your kids what they need and not what you needed at their age. Get ready to change your parenting journey forever!
Are you ready to become the parent you have always wanted to be? In as little as one hour a week, you can make the small steps in your peaceful parenting journey that will enable you to change the way you show up as a parent forever. The best news? I’ll be your parent coach in your back pocket at all times! Come and check out The Hive and receive ongoing support with your parenting.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How to give your kids what they need, not what you needed as a child.
- My biggest parenting epiphany to date.
- Some case studies of where this has shown up in my clients.
- How small changes in your mindset and approach can make a huge difference in being the parent you really want to be.
- Why you should let go of the expectations you hold for your children and how to do this.
- How you might be projecting your own experiences in your parenting.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Sign up for Peace & Quiet: A Crash Course For Parenting Your Strong-Willed Kids here.
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram!
- Join my membership The Hive!
Full Episode Transcript: