I love it when you get to the end of a romance novel, and there’s an epilogue: a short chapter where they tell you what happened to the couple after the story ends. Well, this week, I’ve got an epilogue of my own to share with you.
In Episode 39, I gave you a front-row seat to the coaching session that I had with Lyra, a mom of three boys. We discussed the importance of having a routine, some self-regulation tools for when your child is storming, how to introduce limits, and how to stop the power struggle with your child.
Well, I happened to have another conversation with Lyra in our weekly Hive call just a few days ago, so we get to hear from her again about the effect of the coaching she received. This wasn’t prearranged, but what she shared was so insightful I just knew I had to share it with all of you!
Tune in this week for a follow-up conversation with Lyra. We’re discussing what worked in creating more connection with her sons, and what she wants to work on in the future. And of course, the tools we’re discussing are applicable across all age groups, so I’m encouraging you to think about how you can implement these tools in your own home.
Are you ready to become the parent you have always wanted to be? In as little as one hour a week, you can make the small steps in your peaceful parenting journey that will enable you to change the way you show up as a parent forever. The best news? I’ll be your parent coach in your back pocket at all times! Come and check out The Hive and receive ongoing support with your parenting.
If you’re enjoying the podcast, click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you. I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Lyra’s success story from the coaching she received in episode 39.
- The self-work Lyra has been doing to create some fun around the things her son doesn’t enjoy.
- Where Lyra has faced new challenges and setbacks while implementing the tools we discussed, and how she’s dealing with those.
- Lyra’s a-ha moments from implementing the tools that we discussed in our original conversation.
- How Lyra has been handling the power struggle since receiving coaching.
- Why you can’t create real connection without intention.
- What Lyra is planning in creating cooperation and connection with her strong-willed son after this follow-up conversation.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Sign up for Peace & Quiet: A Crash Course For Parenting Your Strong-Willed Kids here.
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram!
- Join my membership The Hive!
- Ep #39: The Lego War: Real World Coaching with Lyra
Full Episode Transcript: