Feelings and parenting. When I talk about big, loud feelings, what comes up for you? For some of you, just the thought of talking about feelings is wildly uncomfortable, especially when it comes to parenting.
Whether your kid wants a cookie and you’ve said no, or they are nervous about sports tryouts or apprehensive about a new sibling coming into the house, there are helpful and unhelpful ways to deal with your child’s big feelings. Our job as parents is to guide and support them through these feelings with unconditional love.
In this episode, I’m sharing some reasons our kids experience big feelings and what is and is not helpful for you to do when they experience them. I’m teaching you how to not take your child’s big feelings personally, and three steps you can use to hold space for your kids while they’re having big feelings.
Are you ready to become the parent you have always wanted to be? In as little as one hour a week, you can make the small steps in your peaceful parenting journey that will enable you to change the way you show up as a parent forever. The best news? I’ll be your parent coach in your back pocket at all times! Come and check out The Hive and receive ongoing support with your parenting.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What it means to validate, witness and support your kids’ feelings.
- One of our main jobs as parents.
- My favorite way to bear witness to a storm.
- Why so many of us are trying to parent differently to the parenting we received.
- How to create an energy of connection.
- Why our kids experience big feelings.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Sign up for Peace & Quiet: A Crash Course For Parenting Your Strong-Willed Kids here.
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram!
- Join my membership The Hive!
Full Episode Transcript: