I love bringing you live coaching calls because they give you a real opportunity to see the work I do and how it unfolds, as well as the opportunity to hear the tools I teach in action. So this week, I’m bringing Angela onto the show and coaching her on setting limits with her child that peacefully stick.
Single mom Angela has been walking on the path to peaceful parenting for a couple of years. She reached out for support in getting her strong-willed son to cooperate more. She felt like everything was a battle and the constant fighting and pushing back was leaving them both wrung out, exhausted, and not sure what to do next.
In this episode, I’m coaching Angela around setting limits and why setting clear, concise limits can lead to more connection in her relationship with her son. Hear the original coaching call with Angela as well as a follow-up conversation where Angela shares how she implemented what she learned, what changed in her relationship, and why connection can come from setting limits.
Are you ready to become the parent you have always wanted to be? In as little as one hour a week, you can make the small steps in your peaceful parenting journey that will enable you to change the way you show up as a parent forever. The best news? I’ll be your parent coach in your back pocket at all times! Come and check out The Hive and receive ongoing support with your parenting.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- One of the most important parts of setting limits.
- How Angela realized she was giving mixed messages to her son around punishments and limits.
- Some examples of limits you can set with your child.
- How setting limits can lead to connection and cooperation.
- The importance of setting limits when you are calm and regulated.
- How to teach your kids about consequences, rule-breaking, and respect.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
Full Episode Transcript: