When your child is storming, it can feel heavy and murky, like you’re trying to swim through a tumultuous, choppy ocean. It feels stressful, raging, and difficult to stay afloat, and it’s impossible to see what lies beneath the surface.
But when you get past the surface and scuba dive down, what you find is beautiful. Everything is blue and there is gorgeous underwater life in technicolor all around you. This is what happens when you dig deeper into the behavior your child displays when they are storming.
In this episode, I’m providing the support and encouragement to help you keep going even when the waters get choppy or stormy. There are a lot of similarities between the themes in Finding Nemo and being a parent, so find out why scuba diving down to your child’s feelings and needs helps you build connection with them, and what Finding Nemo can teach us about parenting.
Are you ready to become the parent you have always wanted to be? In as little as one hour a week, you can make the small steps in your peaceful parenting journey that will enable you to change the way you show up as a parent forever. The best news? I’ll be your parent coach in your back pocket at all times! Come and check out The Hive and receive ongoing support with your parenting.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- The parenting metaphor we can take from Finding Nemo.
- How to avoid the cycle of head-to-head battles.
- Why your child wants to connect with you, despite how their behavior might come across.
- How I help parents find the connection with their kids.
- Why you always have tomorrow to try again.
- How to scuba dive down to the feelings and needs of your child.
- Why parenting can feel like swimming through a tumultuous, choppy ocean.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
- Finding Nemo
Full Episode Transcript: