Do you have rules in your head about what is the right kind of behavior for a responsible parent who is bringing up a good kid? Can you picture how a good, responsible parent would deal with their kid when they are acting up, not listening, or talking back?
So many of us have rules about how our kids should present and how our parenting should look to the outside world. We are so afraid of the parenting police and what our parenting looks like to others on the surface, that it hinders our progress as peaceful parents.
In this episode, I’m showing you how to stop allowing your fear of what the parenting police will think about your behavior to influence the way you parent your kids. I’m teaching you to ignore people who judge you and your parenting and learn to realize that when your children act up, they are having a hard time, not giving you one.
If you want to strengthen the muscle of ignoring the parenting police so you can create deep connection with your child, I’m here to help. I’m running a free masterclass where I’m teaching you all this and then some, and I invite you to join me. Click here for more information and to sign up, I cannot wait to work with you!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why we want to control our children’s behavior.
- Some examples of how a fear of the parenting police might show up in your life.
- Why it’s OK to look like a pushover to the parenting police.
- How to see your child is having a hard time, not giving you a hard time.
- Why you don’t need to prove you are a good parent to anyone.
- How to ignore the judgment from the parenting police and support your child.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
Full Episode Transcript: