Family values. We all have them, and most of us know what they are, at least in theory. We have a sense of what we believe in and the kind of people we’d like our kids to be, and by declaring yours, you set the tone in your household for what is expected and how family members should behave.
Family values can be defined as what you stand for, what you believe in, or the qualities you like about yourself and the qualities you strive for. It’s those values you consciously or unconsciously parent around, even if you’ve never formally verbalized them. They are who you are and what you believe in.
In this episode, I’m sharing the benefits of understanding your family values, and how they can have a positive impact on you, your parenting, and your kids. I’m sharing my own family values and 3 reasons I believe every family would benefit from taking the time to map out theirs.
If you want to take the next step in 2022 to become a better parent and you would like to be a future success story, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How to get clear on your family values and communicate them consistently.
- Some examples of family values.
- How having family values can enhance communication and cooperation with your children.
- The benefits of taking the time to establish family values.
- How to use these values to have positive influential discussions with your children.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
Full Episode Transcript: