How often do you think that your partner is lazy? They come home from work and choose to sit and watch Netflix instead of helping you with everything that needs to be done. You don’t have the luxury of checking out when you’re overwhelmed, so why do they get to?
My brain loves to catalogue every single thing my husband does wrong, so I totally get it; you are not alone. But over my 31 years of marriage there are some things I’ve learned, and one of them is that we are in control of our own thoughts, not how other people behave. What would you say if I told you that you can dislike something your partner is doing, while still having empathy for them at the same time?
I want you to listen to this week’s episode all the way through with an open mind, and then decide if this is a practice you want to put in place. I’m showing you why the thought “my partner is lazy” and the subsequent thoughts and feelings that come up aren’t serving you, and how to be happy and at peace in your relationships when the other person isn’t doing what you want them to do.
If you want to take the next step this spring to become a better parent and you would like to be a future success story, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why you are not responsible for your partner’s feelings.
- The importance of doing nothing.
- How to start restoring your energy and not wasting it.
- Why doing nothing helps you be a more calm, connected and cooperative parent.
- How to get out of victim mentality when your partner isn’t doing what you want them to do.
- Why being unpurposefully productive could be burning you out.
- How to give yourself permission to relax and care for yourself.
- Why there is nothing wrong with being honest about your own needs.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
Full Episode Transcript: