We have all been brought up with different parenting styles. Maybe your parents were permissive, maybe they were dominant, or maybe they were peaceful. But what happens when you and your co-parent come from different parenting backgrounds and it results in you both having different opinions on how to parent your children?
Tricia is a mom of 3 boys and is a member of my group coaching program The Hive. She is a keen implementer of peaceful parenting but her partner tends towards a more dominant parenting style. She reached out to me for support and guidance around getting on the same page as her co-parent, and what she can do to manage her thoughts around it.
In this episode, hear how Tricia is struggling to find a middle ground with her husband when it comes to the messaging they’re giving to their children. I coach Tricia through some tools to help her and her co-parent bridge the gap between their differing parenting styles, and we walk through some examples of how to peacefully set limits with your children.
It’s not too late to join! Sign up now for the Keep Calm and Co-Parent On challenge we started this week and you’ll learn some new tools and ideas to calm the chaos in your home and walk away with an action plan on how to move forward as a peaceful co-parent. You can participate from anywhere in the world and all it will require for you to make a massive change in your parenting is one hour a day. Are you ready to move your family from chaos to cooperation? Click here to register for the challenge now.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How Tricia was able to suspend her belief that dominant parenting worked.
- The difference between dominant, permissive, and peaceful parenting.
- How to buy into the system of discipline rather than punishing.
- What discipline looks like and the difference between discipline and punishment.
- How to find a middle ground and get on the same page as your co-parent.
- Where your parenting beliefs may have come from.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
Full Episode Transcript: