Does your kid do something over and over that really pushes your buttons? Have you ever snapped at your kid, yelled, or gotten really mad at them, without understanding why? Do you sometimes find yourself disproportionally upset or mad at something your kid does or says?
As parents, sometimes we find ourselves mad or triggered by our kids’ behaviors, actions, or reactions. We find their responses and behavior unacceptable, and we want to punish or change them. But this week, I’m sharing one of the most important tools I’ve ever learned, one that completely changed how I parent, how I show my son unconditional love, and how I show up in the world.
In this episode, I’m discussing the concept of the ‘shadow side’, explaining why we all have one and how to deal with your child’s shadow side. It is never too late to change the way you perceive your children’s negative traits, so discover the importance of showing your kids unconditional love, even when they show you their shadow sides and the importance of creating a safe space for your children to do so.
If you want to take the next step this spring to become a better parent, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- The reason we magnify the flaws in others, especially our children.
- Some of the reasons you might be triggered by your child’s behavior.
- How I define unconditional parental love.
- Three categories your kid’s shadow side falls into.
- Why the world gets changed for the greater good by people with these so-called character flaws.
- The difference between a shadow and a light side.
- What projection is and how to recognize where you might be projecting onto your child.
- Some of the actions you might perceive to be your children’s shadow side.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
Full Episode Transcript: