One of the questions I’m asked most often as a parent coach is what to do in the moment a storm hits. You know that storm well. It looks like your child melting down and releasing all their big emotions by crying, screaming, yelling, hitting, or any number of things that indicates he/she/they are having a hard time.
This cry for help often leaves us parents crying for help of our own. When you’re in the eye of the storm, it can be so hard to not only figure out how to satisfy or fix your child’s needs in that moment, but to channel what peaceful parenting might look like. So, how do you both help your child work through their big emotions and stay emotionally regulated yourself?
Listen in this week to discover what to do when your child is storming. I’m offering what to avoid doing when you’re in the eye of the storm, the keys to building connection and cooperation with your kids at any age, and a laundry list of actionable tools you can use whenever a storm comes rolling in.
If you want to take the next step this summer to become a better parent and you would like to be a future success story, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What “storming” means.
- Your number one goal as a parent whose child is storming.
- The key to building connection and cooperating with your kids.
- How to use your body as a signal of your own triggers when your child is storming.
- What you want to avoid when you’re in the eye of the storm.
- 19 actionable tools you can use to peacefully move through a moment of storming.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
- Tony Robbins
Full Episode Transcript: