So often as parents, we behave in the ways that were modeled to us when we were children by our own parents. But sometimes, these styles of parenting weren’t helpful, and many of us want to break these inherited parenting patterns that create disconnection and impact the trust between us and our kids.
This week, I’m welcoming The Hive member Samantha to the show. Samantha is the mother of an incredibly strong-willed 6-year-old boy, and after growing up in a dominant household, she has taken everything she’s learned in The Hive and worked to break the inherited parenting cycle and move towards a peaceful parenting approach. She joins me this week to share her journey and all that continues to come up regarding her childhood wounds.
Listen in this week for a real, open, and authentic conversation with Samantha about what moving down the Real World Peaceful Parenting path could look like for you. Hear how Samantha is healing and reparenting herself alongside her son and how doing so is helping her break the cycle of dominant parenting and be fully present with her son.
If you want to take the next step this summer to become a better parent and you would like to be a future success story, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Some examples of patterns that impact trust between you and your kids.
- How the work inside The Hive is helping Samantha overcome her triggers and stay regulated when her son is storming.
- A common occurrence for those of us who were raised in obedient homes.
- What Samantha has learned from The Hive.
- Why I am passionate about languaging with kids that it is a process problem not a character problem.
- How being a member of The Hive can help improve every relationship in your life.
- The importance of healing your inner child.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
Full Episode Transcript: