Did you know that holding space for your kids and staying regulated while they are storming is one of the absolute most important things you can do to build connection with your kids? We are so quick to take storms personally, and it can be difficult to hold space for our kids in the moment. But doing so is crucial in building connection, so what can we do to get better at this?
When our kids are having a tough time, they want to know that we can hold space for them while they go through it. Not get rid of it, not rush it, just hold space and show them unconditional parental love. This is something we all need reminding of, so this week I’m giving you a refresher on the topic of holding space for others, but especially your kids.
Tune in this week and find out what holding space is, why it is so important, and some examples of what it can look like. I’m showing you how to develop the skill of holding space for your kids, the importance of staying regulated when your child is storming, and the benefits of compassionately listening to your child.
If you want to take the next step to become a better parent, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why it is so worth the effort to change the way you react to your kids’ storms.
- How limits help kids feel safe and loved.
- What unconditional parental love means to children and how to display it.
- A great way to regulate yourself when your child is storming.
- How to stop taking your child’s storms personally.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
Full Episode Transcript: