Do you find yourself thinking that you have to be on the lookout, believing the worst, or looking for an ulterior motive in your child’s actions? When we believe we are going to catch our children at their worst, that is what we train our brains to see.
Encouraging our children to be seen, heard, and valued is about knowing how to answer their repetitive questions rather than being shocked or triggered. With practice, what was once seen as troubling self-centered actions can become an opportunity to understand.
This week, I offer a solution to stop keeping score. It begins with your thoughts. Learn how to calm your mind, feel prepared, and use your child’s hyperfocus and strong will to talk honestly so that you both feel seen. Stop negative future forecasting today and tune in to learn how.
If you want to take the next step to become a better parent, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why skepticism is detrimental.
- What future forecasting is.
- How you can shift your parenting perspective.
- Why being self-centered doesn’t have to be a bad thing.
- How to not get triggered by your child’s questions.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If this episode spoke to you, or you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram.
Full Episode Transcript: