Anger is always accompanied by another emotion. Both reactive anger and “sunshine thinking” are methods of suppressing the emotions that lie underneath. By taking the time to understand our own experience, we are able to regulate ourselves for our children when they are in need.
This week, I share part two of my two-part series: Anger Can Be Your Gift. We look at two types of anger, learn what lies beneath them, and discuss tools for identifying, sitting with, and moving forward with our feelings.
Join me as we unpack how to understand our anger, its accompanying feelings, and how to soothe rather than suppress them. Discover tools and communication techniques to process anger in a manner that models healthy behavior for our children.
If you want to take the next step to become a better parent, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Actionable tools and strategies for managing your anger.
- What soothing is versus suppressing.
- How reactive anger makes you feel.
- What anger covers up.
- How to model anger processing.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- How is the anger challenge going for you? We would love to know email us or message us on Instagram.
- Subscribe to stay updated with Peaceful Parenting Podcast and all our offerings!
- Ep #130: Anger Can Be Your Gift Part 1
Full Episode Transcript: