Sleepless nights can bring out the worst in our parenting. Scientifically, we all know how important sleep is for overall health, and this is especially true for our children. In my conversation this week with Brandon Reed, we talk about self-soothing techniques, what wakes babies at night, and the importance of sleep hygiene.
When Brandon’s first son was born, he and his wife were desperate to find a way to get him to sleep through the night. It was exhausting for everyone involved. In response, he created a podcast of long immersive sound experiences and finally found some rest. Brandon shares his experience and the story behind his podcast, 12-Hour Sound Machines, with me this week.
Discover why sleep schedules are essential for you and your babies and how different frequencies can help different people. We discuss various types of soothing noises, how to use Brandon’s podcast, and methods to encourage sleep hygiene for the whole family.
If you want to take the next step to become a better parent, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What high-quality sleep does for children.
- What brown noise, white noise, and pink noise are.
- Building self-soothing skills.
- What distracts babies from sleeping.
- How to discuss sleep hygiene with your family.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- How is the anger challenge going for you? We would love to know, email us or message us on Instagram.
- Subscribe to stay updated with Peaceful Parenting Podcast and all our offerings!
- Brandon Reed: Podcast | Website | TikTok | Instagram | Email
- Huberman Lab – podcast