Last week, we had an amazing episode with Corinne Crabtree all about parenting for a positive body image. This week, I’m joined by a wonderful guest who is currently in the middle of this work, changing her own paradigms when it comes to body neutrality and parenting her kids through the same experience.
Hannah is an amazing mother, a Hive member, and an incredible human who is truly committed to her own transformation, breaking generational cycles, and setting her family on a new trajectory. She had some insightful questions about last week’s content, so I’m opening this coaching opportunity up for all of you listening to hear, and hopefully get your own body image questions answered.
Tune in this week as Hannah and I unpack the learned nature of body neutrality and negativity. We’re discussing how to model a healthy body image even if you’re struggling with looking at your own body positively. We’re also discussing how we value different body types, how to bring neutrality to the conversation, and our role as parents in having these conversations with our children.
If you want to take the next step to become a better parent, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why the way you feel about your body is learned, not inherited.
- How diet culture has misled even well-intentioned parents when it comes to body positivity.
- What you can do to model body neutrality, even if you’re still on your own journey with your body image.
- How to show your kids that we are so much more than how we present physically.
- Your options for helping your kids eat healthier, without using fear as leverage.
- What we can do as parents to have conversations with our kids about our bodies.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- Send us an email or message us on Instagram!
- Click here to join The Hive!
- Ep #140: Parenting for Positive Body Thoughts with Corinne Crabtree
- Peggy O’Mara
Full Episode Transcript: