Do you have an opinion about your child’s body being too big or too small? Or do you have negative thoughts about your own body? As you’ll hear this week, the way we think about and speak about our own body impacts the way our children think and speak about theirs. So, how can we set them up to have the best possible body image?
I have the perfect guest to talk this through with: Corinne Crabtree. Corinne is a Master Certified Weight and Life Coach. She has helped countless women around the world lose weight and feel amazing through her podcast, Losing 100 Pounds with Corinne, and her program, No BS Weightloss. Corinne has experienced the generational curse of body shame, like so many of us, and is here to discuss putting an end to that cycle.
Tune in this week for a powerful and inspiring conversation with the one and only, Corinne Crabtree. We’re talking about the roots of negative self-talk in childhood, how to change your relationship with your body as an adult, and how to take inventory of the beliefs you are passing on to your children. You’ll learn how critical working on your body image is for your own happiness, but also how critical it is for your children.
If you want to take the next step to become a better parent, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why negative body talk often starts in childhood.
- Corinne’s experience with body shame and negative body image.
- How your body image impacts your child’s body image.
- What the process of unlearning negative self-beliefs looks like.
- How to address your child’s weight concerns without causing shame.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- Send us an email us or message us on Instagram!
- Click here to join The Hive!
- Corinne Crabtree: Website | Free Course | Instagram | Podcast
Full Episode Transcript: