Let’s keep it real – we all get triggered at times by our kids. We experience big, angry emotions that result in us losing our cool and creating more drama for ourselves. You might try to stuff them down or make them go away, or even pretend they don’t exist, but this doesn’t help on your peaceful parenting journey.
Being a peaceful parent doesn’t mean that you don’t experience strong emotions like anger, frustration, resentment, or fear. Instead, a peaceful parent takes ownership of their feelings and works hard not to displace or project them onto their child.
In this episode, I’m sharing the magic with you and giving you my go-to repeatable process to help you stop reacting negatively to your kids’ behavior or storming. Nobody gets it right all the time, but these 3 steps I’m sharing with you will help you keep your cool while parenting and make your parenting experience a whole lot easier.
If you’re enjoying the podcast, click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you. I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What it looks like to displace or project your emotions onto your child.
- The value of pausing when experiencing big emotions.
- Why it is impossible to regulate your emotions if you don’t pause.
- How to tell if you are parenting out of fear or anger.
- The benefits of regulating your emotions.
- Why you always have a choice to regulate.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Sign up for Peace & Quiet: A Crash Course For Parenting Your Strong-Willed Kids here.
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram!
- Join my membership The Hive!
Full Episode Transcript: