When your child does something wrong, how do you react? Do you believe they are disrespectful, never listen, and should know better? Do you lose your temper and end up yelling, restricting, and punishing? No judgment here – it’s exactly what I used to do. But punishing from a place of anger can erode the trust and disrupt your relationship with your child, it’s all about setting limits.
Children need support and safety to grow. They need room to make mistakes, sometimes over and over and over again. And at the same time, they need to be coached and supported into learning the lesson, not scared, or punished into obedience.
Join me this week as I explain the problem with punishing your child and how to create a safe environment where they can learn from their mistakes. I’m sharing a useful peaceful parenting tool to help guide your children without punishing them and showing you the importance of setting limits and connecting with your child.
If you’re enjoying the podcast, click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you. I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What peaceful parenting consists of and why punishment has no place in it.
- The importance of setting limits in your parenting.
- Why I used to lose my temper with my son.
- How to change the way you react when you feel angry at your child’s behavior.
- What to do instead of punishing your child.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Sign up for Peace & Quiet: A Crash Course For Parenting Your Strong-Willed Kids here.
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram!
- Join my membership The Hive!
Full Episode Transcript: