Last week, we started this two-part series off by talking about how children need safety and support to grow, and how to coach them into learning the lesson and not punish them into obedience. This week, we’re continuing the conversation by going through some specific examples of how to do this.
Setting limits is never about punishment or obedience. It’s about making your kid feel heard and valued so they’re more likely to accept the limits we set. It’s the process of supporting and teaching your kid while being clear with your request. And it’s not as hard as you think.
If you’re ready to stop threatening and punishing your kid every time they misbehave, you need this episode. I tell you exactly how to set empathetic limits and how to enforce them with love and guidance. I give you specific examples that show you what this looks like, and share some tools to use while setting limits.
If you’re enjoying the podcast, click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you. I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- The advantages of setting limits.
- What showing empathy for your child looks like.
- An example of how one of my clients set a limit for her child.
- The tool that has allowed me the most progress in my parenting.
- What the goal is when your child misbehaves.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Sign up for Peace & Quiet: A Crash Course For Parenting Your Strong-Willed Kids here.
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram!
- Join my membership The Hive!
- Ep #31: Setting Limits: Stop Punishing and Start Guiding Part 1
Full Episode Transcript: