What is one thing your kids say or do that drives you absolutely bananas? Is it the eye roll? The sass? A particular word or phrase? For me, it was when my son would tell me ‘whatever!’
When my son told me ‘whatever!’ I would be filled with anger, frustration and felt like he didn’t respect me. I would be triggered and react in a way I didn’t like. But when I realized that ‘whatever!’ was a trigger for me, I realized I had the power to change how I reacted to it. And this week, I’m showing you how to do the same.
Join me this week as I show you why you have the power to change the way you respond to your child’s actions without your child changing their behavior. Triggers hold a lot of power over us, but only if we let them, so I’m sharing a tool that immediately changed my parenting for the better, and that can do the same for you.
Are you ready to become the parent you have always wanted to be? In as little as one hour a week, you can make the small steps in your peaceful parenting journey that will enable you to change the way you show up as a parent forever. The best news? I’ll be your parent coach in your back pocket at all times! Come and check out The Hive and receive ongoing support with your parenting.
If you’re enjoying the podcast, click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you. I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How to change your thoughts about your child’s behavior.
- Where your response to your child’s actions really comes from.
- Some examples of thoughts you can think when your child’s behavior triggers you.
- What a trigger is, why you experience it and how to work through it.
- How to react calmly in situations where you feel triggered.
- Why you have the power to change a trigger immediately.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Sign up for Peace & Quiet: A Crash Course For Parenting Your Strong-Willed Kids here.
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram!
- Join my membership The Hive!
Full Episode Transcript: