The discussion around children and technology is a complicated one. All we seem to hear is the negativity and the downsides to giving our kids a phone, and as parents, we can feel torn and stuck, not knowing what to do.
As the holiday season approaches, many of you will be considering upgrading or getting your kids their first phone, so I figured it would be the perfect time to bring today’s guest back onto the show. Bill Brady is the CEO and Co-founder of Troomi Wireless, a cellular network designed specifically for kids, and he’s joining me again to share how to use technology to connect with your kids and the benefits of giving your kids a phone.
Tune in this week for a positive conversation about technology and some tips to feel good about helping your kids dive into the phone world. It’s so easy to talk about all the dangers of technology, but there is so much good available through the internet, so discover what’s so amazing about Troomi, and how to feel empowered about giving your kids their first phone.
As we head into what can be one of the most stressful times of the year, I want to help you create cooperation in your home. Click here to sign up for my upcoming FREE 3-day challenge Keep Calm and Parent On During the Holidays starting on December 6th, 2021, and learn the tips, tools, and ideas that will move you from chaos to cooperation. I designed this for YOU, and I can’t wait to work with you!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What Troomi does and how it helps children navigate technology and the internet.
- The benefits of kids learning to use technology at an early age.
- Why it feels difficult to know what to do with kids and phones.
- How technology has enhanced our relationships and connections with our kids.
- The importance of communicating your expectations or any rules when giving your child a phone for the first time.
- Why I wish Troomi was around when I introduced technology to my son.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
- How Full Is Your Bucket? by Tom Rath and Don Clifton
- Ep #34: Teaching Your Kids to Use Technology with Troomi
- Troomi: Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Use code RWPP at checkout for $50 off your Troomi subscription!
Full Episode Transcript: