Every day, I work with clients across the world that are experiencing the same thing around this time of year, and that is their children are storming. Maybe there have been lots of visits and excitement that have led to a disruption in routine. Maybe there was a lot of stress, or your kids didn’t like what they got, and the storming began again.
Once storming starts, many of us as parents try to get it to stop or go away immediately on command. But all kids at all times are just trying to get their needs met, and by discovering the root cause of the behavior causing the storm, you can completely change its trajectory.
In this episode, I’m helping you form a new habit that will allow you to get to the root cause of your child’s behavior, and I’m sharing a story of a real-life parent who used this tool to improve her connection with her son. Developing this habit is a total parenting game-changer and will transform how your kids feel about themselves, so learn how to get curious, not furious, and understand why your kids are behaving in this way.
Are you ready to become the parent you have always wanted to be? In as little as one hour a week, you can make the small steps in your peaceful parenting journey that will enable you to change the way you show up as a parent forever. The best news? I’ll be your parent coach in your back pocket at all times! Come and check out The Hive and receive ongoing support with your parenting.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Some examples of what might happen when your kids start storming.
- Why all kids at all times are just trying to get their needs met.
- Some key peaceful parenting tools to help you with this work.
- What to do if you find yourself judging your child’s behavior.
- A phrase to help you cope when your child is storming.
- How an analogy about snorkeling and scuba diving can help you get to the root cause of your child’s storming.
- Why it is not your job to meet every single one of your child’s needs.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
- Ep #7: Why Do My Kids Storm, Meltdown, Cry, and Fight? (And What to Do About It)
Full Episode Transcript: