Words matter; a lot. Especially with our kids. As a child, how often were you called things by the adults around you that didn’t feel good? Maybe you were called “bossy” or “fussy” or “stubborn.” But as we turn the page into 2022 and embark on a new year, I want us all to consider new words.
Peggy O’Mara states that “the way we talk to our children becomes their inner voice.” So if this is the case, why not direct it to where you want to go? Instead of labeling your child as you might have been, why not give them labels that feel good and supportive, and let them know what’s possible?
In this episode, I’m sharing why a different choice of words can be a game-changer in your parenting and showing you how to listen to yourself parenting and change the words you use. Hear some words you might be using and what you can replace them with instead, and discover how changing your words can lead to more connection and cooperation with your kids.
Are you tired of the disrespect, the power struggles and the drama in your home with your kid(s)? I invite you to join me for a parenting masterclass about how to turn things around happening on Thursday, January 13 8:00am PT | 9:00am MT | 10:00am CT | 11am ET. Save your free spot here.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why words matter so much especially when it comes to our kids.
- How you have the power to change the way your child thinks about themselves.
- Why you can always change your parenting styles, no matter how you’ve parented in the past.
- How to reframe the words you use to and about your kids to improve connection and support them.
- Some of the words I was often called as a kid and how they affected me.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
- Download this list of words you can use to reframe the words you currently use.
- Peggy O’Mara
Full Episode Transcript: