What did you need growing up that you didn’t get? We all have childhood wounds, no matter what we went through or the childhood we had. And one of the reasons I think parenthood is so hard is because your child is reflecting back to you something you have not healed in yourself.
Some of us have huge gaping wounds that haven’t been tended to for a long time, if ever. Some of us have wounds that are smaller and a bit more healed, and some of us have wounds sitting dormant, way deep down inside. But they’re there, and unfortunately, they show up a lot when we’re parenting our kids.
In this episode, learn how your childhood wounds get in the way of showing up and being fully present in your current parenting and why it’s never too late to heal, learn, grow, and be the parent you’ve always wanted to be. This work isn’t easy, but it’s work worth doing, so if you are tired of slipping into old patterns and want to change the trajectory of your parenting, this episode is for you.
If you want to take the next step in 2022 to become a better parent and you would like to be a future success story, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Some tools to help you change the trajectory of your parenting in 2022.
- Why you may be giving your kids what you didn’t get, but not what they need.
- How to give yourself what you wish you had received as a child.
- Why change is possible, no matter how many times you’ve tried.
- How to be the parent your inner child always needed.
- The impacts of healing your childhood wounds.
- What to do if you find yourself slipping into old patterns of parenting.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
Full Episode Transcript: