I often hear parents tell me that one of their greatest goals in life is to raise respectful children. They believe that their children should obey them and do exactly what they tell them to do when they tell them to do it, with no pushback, attitude, or questions. But is that what “respectful” really means?
If you believe that your child respecting you means following the rules you set and doing exactly what you tell them, I encourage you to join me this week. I’m shedding light on what it really means to raise a compliant child and showing you why compliance is not the only avenue to create respect in your relationship with your children.
Tune in this week and hear how compliant children become compliant adults, the problem with this, and the lesson your child is learning when you teach them to be compliant. I’m challenging you to consider how you could be a peaceful parent without making your children compliant and how to stop sacrificing connection, trust, and honesty in favor of compliance.
If you need support in changing your parenting style and showing up to do things differently, I’m here to help. I’m running a FREE masterclass on Thursday, May 19th, 2022 where I’ll help you take the next step in moving from compliance to connection, and get on the same team as your children. Click here for more details and to sign up, I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why you can have both compliance and connection with your kids.
- How forcing your child to be compliant can lead to a false sense of connection.
- Some examples of what compliance looks like in adults.
- How prioritizing compliance can sacrifice connection, trust, and honesty.
- Why not all rules are good rules.
- The opposite of compliance and authority.
- Why you get to define what respect looks like for you, your kids, and your relationship.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
Full Episode Transcript: