Most of what we know about parenting was modeled to us during a very impressionable time as our brains were growing and forming strong neural pathways. It has left many of us feeling like we’re bad parents, and that it’s just who we are. If you feel broken, flawed, or like a bad parent, I feel you. And I’m here to give you hope that things can change.
Your journey to getting on the path to peaceful parenting is a process problem, not a character problem. Your parenting is a process problem, not a character problem. Acknowledging this and understanding the difference between the two is going to be a game-changer in your parenting.
In this episode, I’m diving deeper into process problems and giving you some action items to help you approach your parenting as a process problem instead of a character problem. We are all people with process problems who are trying to work it out, so I’m showing you how to stop viewing yourself as having a character problem, and how modeling this will have endless benefits for your kids.
If you want to take the next step this spring to become a better parent and you would like to be a future success story, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why you might feel like a bad parent, but it’s not true.
- How your beliefs could be affecting your behavior.
- What makes new parenting concepts more of a challenge for us to put into practice successfully.
- Some of the reasons you might storm alongside your children.
- The transformation this work has had in my own life.
- Why we believe we are bad parents.
- How process problems can be fixed and changed.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
Full Episode Transcript: