On today’s show, we’re turning the tables. My Hive member Hannah is back with us after our episode a couple of weeks ago all about how all problems are fixable. We were speaking after we finished recording that podcast, and we decided it would be a super-fun listen if she came back on the show to interview me. So, that’s exactly what we’re doing.
Hannah is a Hive member and we’ve done amazing work together over the last couple of years, and she has a real curiosity about this journey into peaceful parenting, so she’s the perfect person to take the microphone and pick my brain for a change.
Tune in this week as I share all of the things that I personally found useful in becoming a truly peaceful parent. I’m giving you an insight into my past life as a dominant parent, the setbacks we all experience on this journey, and I’m giving you the tools and the mindset that helped me keep going in pursuit of an authentic relationship with my family.
I’m running a FREE masterclass tomorrow, June 16th, 2022 all about how to turn things around in your home. You’ll come away with new tools and simple action items to shift things between you and your kid(s) for the better. You’ll come away with hope that things can change and know that you’re not alone. And you’ll know EXACTLY what you need to do next. Click here for more details and to sign up, I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- The massive transformations I have experienced in my parenting over the years.
- Why it’s still difficult for me to acknowledge my past as a dominant parent.
- What was most helpful for me at the start of my parenting journey to ease myself into my higher brain.
- Why meeting yourself with empathy always allows you to see what your children need when their lower brains take over.
- The most difficult part of going from a dominant parent to a peaceful parent.
- Why setbacks are to be expected as you implement the tools to create connection and authentic relationships with your children.
- How to see that looking after and forgiving yourself truly is looking after your family.
- What I do every day to keep myself out of frustration, no matter the circumstances.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
- Ep #72: Calm the Chaos, Create Connection: A Real-World Success Story with Hannah
Full Episode Transcript: