Storming is a big issue that so many of us experience with our children. Oftentimes when our kids are storming, dysregulated, stressed, or having big emotions and reactions, we go into automatic fix-it mode. We are uncomfortable with their emotional outbursts, and we try to stop them from storming and melting down. But is this the right thing to do?
Your child storming is their best attempt to get their needs met with the tools they have. Underneath every storm is an unmet need, and if you are quick to fix it, your child never gets a chance to uncover what they’re feeling or what’s happening to them. So if you’re wondering how to make your child’s storming stop, the answer is simple: you don’t. Don’t be a storm fixer.
In this episode, discover the reasons your child is storming and how you are actually causing more harm than good when you try to stop and fix them. I’m inspiring you to stop being a storm fixer and sharing four things you can do the next time your child is storming.
If you want to take the next step this summer to become a better parent and you would like to be a future success story, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How I used to think I needed to be a storm fixer.
- The primary driver behind the sense of fight-or-flight mode you experience when your child is storming.
- Why growth is possible when we feel our feelings.
- The reasons your child is storming and the reasons you are trying to fix their behavior.
- How to move away from being a storm fixer.
- The wrong time to talk to your kids about their storm.
- How to hold space for your child to learn from their storming.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
Full Episode Transcript: