How many times have you told your kids to do something, they’ve ignored you, and you become frustrated and yell at them as a result? Being ignored by our children – and pretty much anybody – feels awful. I hear you, this was a big one for me as well. I was convinced that the only way for my son to hear me was by yelling at him.
But your kids aren’t ignoring you, and they aren’t giving you a hard time. There is something else happening when your kids appear to ignore you, and Hive member Hannah is joining me again this week to discuss what that is, and how we can deal with it.
Join us this week as we dive deeper into the topic of kids ignoring their parents. We’re helping you wrap your brain around the reason your kids seem to not listen to you, sharing examples of how this has shown up in our own lives, and giving you a different way to look at and think about yelling at your kids as a result.
If you want to take the next step this summer to become a better parent and you would like to be a future success story, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why it is possible to get your kids to do things without yelling.
- Some practical advice from somebody who has had a massive transformation in their parenting.
- Why this won’t change overnight, but that’s OK.
- Some effective, proven tools that will work instead of yelling.
- What pattern interrupters are and some examples of them.
- The real reason your child appears to be ignoring you.
- Why it is easy for our brains to believe our children are capable of more than they are.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
- Ep #72: Calm the Chaos, Create Connection: A Real-World Success Story with Hannah
- Ep #75: Turning the Tables: My Journey into Peaceful Parenting
Full Episode Transcript: