A question I get asked all the time is “Why do I storm alongside my kids? Why can’t I stop? What do I do about it?” If you feel this, you are not alone. But there is something you can do to deal with things differently the next time your child storms, and I’m telling you what that is this week.
When your child starts storming, what exactly goes through your head? Do you feel overwhelmed, frustrated, or angry? The truth is, your primitive brain doesn’t know the difference between the very real threat of being hunted by a lion, and your 6-year-old storming. The brain acknowledges a threat, and you react accordingly. But you can change the way you respond to these events.
Listen in this week as I’m sharing some common thoughts we have when our children storm, and some of the reasons you have those thoughts. I’m giving you a tool you can use the next time your child storms so you don’t end up storming alongside them, and showing you how to use it to train your brain to remain calm when your child is storming.
Are you ready to make a change in your parenting? I want to personally invite you to my free masterclass, How to Get Your Kids to Stop Disrespecting You and Do What You Ask the First Time Without Yelling, Punishing, or Threatening. It’s on July, 19th, 2022, and I would love for you to join me. I’ll be sharing 3 things parents do that lead their kids to disobey, disrespect and ignore them, and you’ll hear real-life proof of how small changes are all it takes to create more cooperation and respect from your kids. Click here for more details and to sign up now.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How to convince your brain that there is no threat when your child storms.
- Why you have all the tools you need to stay calm when your child storms.
- How to stop seeing your kids storming as a threat and how to stop taking it personally.
- An example of parents who don’t storm alongside their kids, and why they don’t do it.
- How to convince yourself you are safe while your child is storming.
- The importance of doing this work and why timing is everything.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
Full Episode Transcript: