I’m so excited to welcome our on-the-ground correspondent and Hive member Hannah back to the show this week. Hannah goes out every so often to crowdsource your questions about parenting and brings them back so we can tackle them in a podcast episode. And this week, we’re talking all about worry.
According to Brené Brown, worry is described as a chain of negative thoughts about bad things that might happen in the future. It is a habit; a pattern your brain runs, and as a reformed worrier, I understand how all-consuming worrying can be. But we’re here to help this week.
If you feel consumed by constant worrying in your parenting, you aren’t alone. This week, Hannah and I are discussing what it feels like to be consumed by worry, some of the problems that come with worrying, why it is such a drain on your mental focus and energy, and what we can do about it.
If you want to take the next step to become a better parent and you would like to be a future success story, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How worrying has shown up in my own life and why I believe it to be a habit.
- Why worrying is the antithesis of connection.
- How worrying can easily lead into storming.
- The problem with worrying consistently and how this can affect your parenting.
- How worrying is one of the biggest challenges faced by so many parents.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
- Atlas of the Heart by Brené Brown
Full Episode Transcript: