As you practice the peaceful parenting tools that create deep connection and cooperation with your kids, you will undoubtedly encounter people who do not agree with your parenting style. They might pull you into conversations about your parenting practices, and challenge you on the way you deal with your kids’ behavior.
Maybe it’s someone you are close to having an opinion on your parenting, and telling you what you should or should not be doing. Maybe they feel you are handling your child’s storms, tantrums, or meltdowns in the wrong way. Whatever it is, they can quickly trigger you to become defensive about your parenting choices.
In this episode, I’m showing you how to handle it when somebody close to you tells you that you’re parenting the wrong way. Discover the reasons other people may become triggered by your parenting, how to move away from people who want to argue their point with you, and some thoughts you can try to help you stay regulated when these conversations arise.
If you want to take the next step to become a better parent and you would like to be a future success story, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why you will never change someone’s limiting beliefs, and how to stop trying to.
- How to use these conversations to teach your children that other people have different thoughts and beliefs.
- Why freedom is in our thoughts, not in our circumstances.
- How to deal with people who insist their parenting techniques are more effective than yours.
- Why you need to let go of the rope and stop power struggling with people who don’t believe in peaceful parenting.
- The reason people will try to drag you into an argument over your parenting choices.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
- Ep #59: How to Deal with The Parenting Police
Full Episode Transcript: