The transition to the teenage stage can be the most painful and problematic for so many parents. One day your child might be a tween who is pleasant, compliant and affectionate, and secure in the boundaries you set as a parent. Then – BAM – they’re on a rampage because you’re telling them what to do in the exact same way you did the day before. It changes literally overnight, so what happened?!
Most teenagers hit a point where they no longer want to be told what to do. They want to make their own decisions and take responsibility for their own lives, and they want to do it in their own way. And as parents, it’s important for us to let them make them – especially the ones that don’t harm them.
Today’s episode goes out to all you parents, guardians, grandparents, and caregivers of teenagers out there. I’m sharing some important things you need to know about the teenage stage, and showing you how to stop the power struggle with your teen once and for all. Learn how to understand brain development, and how to be patient and loving with your teen while still setting limits.
If you want to take the next step to become a better parent and you would like to be a future success story, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- The importance of being clear with your expectations for your teenager.
- What to do when you feel triggered by your teenager.
- How to not take your teenager’s behavior personally.
- The best time to have conversations about boundaries with your teenager.
- One tool that will be your best friend through the teenage years.
- Why your teenager doesn’t want to be told what to do.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
Full Episode Transcript: