Many of the episodes so far have focused on your kids; how to help them, how to support them and how to work with them. But today’s episode is for you, and about you. This week, we’re talking about one of the most important tools you can have in your peaceful parenting toolbox: holding space.
Holding space is knowing and believing that transformation is going to happen even if there’s no proof. It is about believing it will happen, even if the one wanting the transformation has doubts. And this week, I’m showing you exactly how to hold space for your kids, and why doing so is so important.
Join me this week as I’m sharing the benefits of holding space for your kids and some tips to help you if you are struggling with this. I’m diving deeper into exactly what it means to hold space for your kids, the difference between holding space and having hope, and how to start believing in transformation right now.
Are you ready to make a change in your parenting? I want to personally invite you to my free masterclass, How To Get Your Kids To Do What You Ask The First Time. It’s on September 29, 2022, and I would love for you to join me. If you’ve read all the parenting books, listened to every parenting podcast, asked your mom-friends and your therapist for advice, tried EVERYTHING and NOTHING has worked… I made this free masterclass just for you. Click here for more details and to sign up now.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How to see the ways you are influencing your child’s beliefs.
- Why believing in your kids matters so much.
- The problem with marinading in “I hope.”
- Why it is possible to hold space for your children and yourself at the same time, and how to do so.
- How to move away from hope and start holding space.
- The difference between holding space and hoping.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
Full Episode Transcript: