So many parents have a limiting belief that in order for their children to learn and practice the family values and to grow up as responsible, kind, hardworking contributors to society, they both have to approach every lesson and situation with the same beliefs, goals, and tactics. They believe that they have to agree on everything and be a united front.
But it’s not true. As parents, we may have a shared broad goal of raising our children to be this way, but we don’t need to agree on everything that leads to a shared goal. Each parent has their own responsibilities, interests, gifts, and tactics that they bring to the table.
This week, I’m busting the myth of parenting from a united front and bringing you a tremendous amount of relief around your parenting beliefs. Find out why a united front does not mean that you and your co-parent have to agree on every single situation, and why believing that you have to agree on everything is not an approach that is serving you, your co-parent, your child or your family.
If you want to take the next step to become a better parent, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why in most cases, there is more than one right way when it comes to parenting.
- Some thoughts to support your overall parenting goals.
- Why you don’t have to do everything the same way as your co-parent.
- How to recognize opportunities where you don’t have to be in control.
- Why you need to broaden your definition of the term “united front.”
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
Full Episode Transcript: