How often do you use connection as a reward to get what you want from your kids? Connection is not a reward we give our children when they do something our way, when they behave, are compliant, or do what we asked the first time. It is something that we should give through the good, the bag, the storming, and the regulated. It’s something we should offer all the time.
As parents, we can’t use connection as a privilege or a prize that we take away from our children when they misbehave. Cooperation, relationships, and respect all emanate from connection as the tool, not the reward. So this week, I’m showing you how to implement it with your kids.
In this episode, find out why building connection with your children is one of the most important tools you can understand and implement as a parent. Hear why it’s not always about how you choose to connect, but about your child feeling seen, heard, and valued, and how to use connection as a commitment to peaceful parenting.
If you want to take the next step to become a better parent, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- The importance of staying regulated when your child is storming.
- Why connection can look like something completely different to other people.
- A real-world example of connection meaning something different to a mother and her child.
- The hard part about connecting with your kids.
- How to build more connection and cooperation with your kids.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram
Full Episode Transcript: