Do you often feel pressured to do things right in the eyes of others? Do you parent in a way that tries to avoid the judgment of other parents? Do you feel pressured never to make mistakes? This is likely because you were raised as a people-pleaser. But your worth and value are not dependent on any external validation, and when you accept and believe this, your parenting will change.
Many of us were raised and conditioned to believe that our value is proportionate to how “good” we are. It is directly linked to serving others, being the “good” kid, getting good grades, or complying with the demands of our parents without complaint or hesitation. But how different would our world be if kids worldwide were raised to feel valued, even when they showed us their shadow side or underdeveloped brain?
In this episode, I’m sharing why so many of us have a fear of doing things “wrong” and why your worth and value are not determined by your actions or your ability as a parent. Learn how to know if you are a people-pleaser, why this is showing up in your life, and how to stop people-pleasing and depending on external validation to become the best parent you can be.
If you want to take the next step to become a better parent, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What you can do to help your kids feel valued.
- Some examples to help you level up your parenting in 2023.
- How to accept and believe that you are worthy and how this will change your parenting.
- Some signs that you might be a people-pleaser and how to change this.
- Why you might be triggered by your child’s behavior.
- The problem with relying on external validation to boost your self-worth.
- Why it feels so hard for many of us to pull away from external validation.
- Some ways that people-pleasers try to prove their worth and the problem with this.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If this episode spoke to you, or you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram.